Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Funny Valentine...



You are the first thought of the day; the last at night.
Time rushes by when we are together; each hour seems like an eternity until I see you.
My heart aches when you are not here; rejoices when we are in each other’s arms.
We have had our ups; they have outnumbered our downs.
There is no other that I want to ride with through life; walk hand in hand on this journey.
We will disappoint each other; I will promise to forgive and work harder.
I will laugh at your boyish charm; melt in the arms of my man.
I will love, honor, and respect you; giggle, laugh and find humor in the day.
I will smile so that you wonder what I am thinking; frown with disappointment when you are late.
I will wear flannel in summer; so that you can have winter in June.
I will be your partner; not your mother.
You can do it your way; I will just shake my head and think…I told you so.
When it is dark in your world; I will help light the way.
When Rock and Roll stops; Country will replace the silence.
Looking forward to what lies ahead; letting go of what has been in the past.
A love like ours comes along once in a lifetime; let’s enjoy every moment.
I love you with all my heart.

Lessons Learned: You will always be my funny Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment